Top 5 Resources For Your Building or Construction Business
The construction industry is very complex and managing your business can require multiple skill sets. Recently, several online resources have emerged to help you manage the different facets of the industry. From everything to bidding on jobs, project management to news and marketing – we’ve compiled a quick list of necessary resources for the building and construction industry. Read on and make sure to add these sites to your bookmarks, you can thank us later.
- The Blue Book – The Blue Book allows prospective clients to search and compare your services with competitors. It also helps you to find upcoming jobs and submit a bid. Since The Blue Book is solely dedicated to the construction industry, users are highly targeted and a profile on the site can lead to great exposure for your business. You can view our profile here to get a glimpse of what it looks like.
- Builder Trends – Builder Trends is one of the top software tools for home builders and remodelers. The powerful software includes resources for the pre-sell process, project management, financial tools and customer management. Pricing starts at $99 per month and varies by number of projects.
- Construction Dive – Construction Dive is an industry blog for all things construction. The blog includes a wide variety of news and helpful tips for both commercial and residential construction. The mission? “...to provide busy professionals like you with a bird’s-eye-view of the Construction industry in 60 seconds.” Join their newsletter, you’ll be glad you did.
- Construction Marketing Association – Founded in 2009 during the recession, the Construction Marketing Association provides marketing advice and tips dedicated to the construction industry. They offer it’s members webcasts, conferences, training programs and a professional certification program. Consider following them on Facebook for quick tips and curated articles.
- Best Practices Construction Law – Best Practices Construction Law is a legal advice blog focused on the building and construction industry. Topics of conversation include: risk assessment, claims preservation, preparation and presentation, building information modeling and civil integrated management, contract drafting guidelines, legal trends and more.
Need storage or a temporary office building for your upcoming building or construction job? Reach out to a member of our knowledgeable staff today.